Thursday, December 21, 2006

Tuesday, December 19, 2006

I "borrowed" this from a fellow blogger on blogspot.com. It's a fun one, perfect for this time of year!! Lisa

A Little Christmas Cheer

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Egg nog, all the way!!
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Wrapped! Presents to others are always wrapped and under the tree (if I get them done before the 24th), and of course, Santa brings more for Christmas morning. Funny thing, though (as Stephanie pointed out last year), Santa used the same wrapping paper as we did for some of the gifts!!
3. Colored lights on tree or white? Tiny white lights; HUNDREDS of them!!
4. Do you hang mistletoe? I have yet to even see mistletoe anywhere...
5. When do you put your decorations up? Usually the first Sunday in Advent
6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? sweet potatoe casserole with marshmallows, that I have only EVER had at the CPC banquet, and this year they didn't serve it!!! :~(
7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child: Opening stockings on Christmas morning!
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? what do you mean, truth....
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? We open all the gifts that are under the tree Christmas eve, as My mom comes and celebrates with us. Gifts from Santa and family are opened Christmas day.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree? Mostly white, red and silver, but with lots of beautiful decorations the kids have made over the years, and lots of special, keepsake ornaments.
11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? LOVE IT!
12. Can you ice skate? Yes, I love to skate. Okay. I used to love to skate.....I actually haven't been on skates for about 6 years!
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? My birthstone ring from Bill - one-of-a-kind with both of our birthstones in it.
14. What’s the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Keeping Christ in Christmas!!15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? Carrot pudding with butter sauce - I grew up having this as a kid at the grandparents', too bad I can't find the recipe!!! I haven't had it in years, but it is still my all time favorite! It was made in a coffee tin, with this really sicky-sweet sauce to pour over it, but, boy, was it ever tasty!
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Wigilia -traditional Polish Christmas eve. We have 12 meatless dishes - special foods.
17. What tops your tree? A really pretty angel.
18. Which do you prefer giving or Receiving? Giving, but hey, who doesn't like to receive something, too??
19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? Mary's Boy Child, the Boney M version. Actually, most of the Boney M Christmas songs....and the Huron Carol.
20. Candy Canes! Yuck or Yum?? Not a big fan, unless they are used to stir hot chocolate...

Wishing you all a very Merry Christmas and a blessed New Year!!

For Life,

Lisa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi! I have never heard of carrot pudding... Sounds VERY interesting! I would love to hear more about Wigila! *Smile*

Thanks for dropping by! You are welcome any time! :o)

Unknown said...

carrot pudding is kind of like a really heavy cake/pudding baked in a coffee tin (the large kind). Unfortunately I have no idea what goes in it other than carrots. It was always served with a runny, butterscotch type sauce - really rich tasting. *sigh*...Maybe one day I'll find the recipe....
I'll try to do a post about wigilia soon....

Happy New Year! Thanks for Visiting!