Thursday, September 28, 2006

Winnipeg Life Hike - thoughts

Wow, I am so new to this stuff.... I had no idea there was so much "out there" with the internet. It is so nice to hear from so many other pro-life people. Sometimes I feel like I don't have that much support. Just for example, this Saturday (September 30th) is our annual "Life Hike", a walk-a-thon of sorts that our League For Life holds to raise money for pro-life educational work. Bill and I and the kids have been collecting pledges at church for the past 2 weeks, and I cannot believe the number of people who DO NOT sponsor us! You know... the people you see every Sunday at Mass who all of a sudden seem to really want to avoid you? I remember two years ago I approached someone after Mass to make a donation - (it was one of our eucharistic ministers) and he practically spit "No", and turned and walked away! Talk about shocking! I don't know; maybe I'm too naive....I assume that everyone who goes to Mass on Sunday on a regular basis, especially those INVOLVED in ministry, should be pro-life....silly me....

I'll post the results of our total fundraising after the hike!

No comments: