Tuesday, February 20, 2007

This is the video about the smallest baby born to survive. Weighing just 10 ozs., this little girl was born at 21 weeks, 6 days, almost 2 weeks earlier than had previously been considered "viable".
The parents had to lie about the gestational age of their baby, stating that the mother was about 23 weeks along, to get the doctors to work on saving the baby. Why, you ask? Because in Florida, they ABORT babies on a regular basis at this age, and OLDER....
Maybe with more media coverage of images like this, the world will finally figure it out....

Check out the video!
http://abcnews.go.com/Video/playerIndex?id=2886441

1 comment:

Ter said...

I could not watch the entire video. It made me sad. My little girl was 1 lb. when she was born still. The doctors had refused to let her be born knowing full well that she didn't have a good chance of surviving IN the womb simply because her chances outside the womb weren't considered 'viable' so instead I had to have a stillborn child instead of a premie who may or may not have lived long. But even had she lived only 5 min, that would've been 5 more min. than I had... oh how I wish they had given her a chance...